It's easy to have goals, but it can be a bit tricky to achieve them depending on what they are and if they're long term or short term. I have 5 ways that have worked for me even when road blocks occur.
1. Why is your particular goal important to you? What is the reason you want to accomplish it? The reason behind it can either keep you focused and motivated to keep pushing toward it or cause you to lose interest altogether.
2. Pick out the goal that makes the most sense. Knowing where to start is key. Some goals can't be completed until several smaller ones are achieved.
3. Plan a strategy for how this goal will be completed and a realistic time period. You can do this by keeping a journal of steps you plan to take for each strategy. Be aware that some steps may go faster or slower that expected, but having that list will keep you prepared on what comes next when it's time.
4. Find ways to keep yourself inspired and motivated through challenging times when the unexpected occurs. It can be easy to throw in the towel and just say "Forget it!" during a rough patch. You can keep up with people who have successfully achieved goals similar to yours. Connect with them on social media. Watch videos where people share how they accomplished their goals despite the curve balls that came their way.
5. Surround yourself with positive/realistic individuals. You need people in your life who will encourage you to work hard and do your best, but also help you stay level headed and realistic with your goals. So, be a good listener and open to those who are looking out for your best interest. They may be the ones who can possibly give you a different/better approach on how to achieve your goals.
I hope this gave you another point of view on how to achieve your goals. It's never easy to wait on something you want so badly, but oh, how sweet the reward is when you see how all of your patience and hard work has paid off.
Thanks so much for spending a little bit of your time here. I really appreciate it!